What is the “NABC Robot Individual”?
ACBL’s NABC Robot Individual is a multi-day online tournament that awards red and gold masterpoints and an NABC title to the winner. It takes place three times a year, just before ACBL’s National Championships.
About the 2020 Summer NABC Robot Individual (July 11-13)
- The tournament lasts 3 days: July 11, 12 and 13 (Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
- It awards red and gold masterpoints, and an NABC title to the winner.
- This event is stratified (Unlimited/2000/500).
- Only ACBL members with a valid membership can join.
- 24 boards each day, Matchpoints
- You will play with three robots. Each human player is sitting South and has identical robots as partners and opponents.
- Best hand, human declare, deal pool (see the FAQ for more details about what all this means)
- Must play each day to move forward to the next day
- Once you start playing, you have until midnight US Eastern to play your boards for the day
- You need to play at least 1 board each day to qualify for the next day
- Unplayed boards are scored as 0 (zero)
- Each day’s tournament expires at midnight US Eastern time (so if you start playing at 10PM you only have 2 hours to finish your hands, the tourney closes at midnight)
Entry fee, early bird, other discounts
- Entry fee is $50.
- If you register before July 6, there’s an early bird discount of $10.
- If you played the 2020 Spring NABC Robot Individual, you get an additional $6 credit. So if you have played in Spring, and you register early, you pay $34
- After July 6, entry fee is $50. You still get your $6 discount if you played in Spring.
How to register?
- Click ACBL World, then click 2020 Summer NABC Robot Individual. A menu will appear with a Register button. Click Register to … well… register.
- Here’s a brief video showing you how to find the tournament and how to register.
- June 26. Registration opens. Early bird entry fee: $40
- June 27-28. NABC Practice Tournament #1. Free entries to the Spring NABC Robot Individual awarded as prizes. ACBL members only. 2-day tournament, must play each day.
- July 4-5. NABC Practice Tournament #2. Free entries to the Spring NABC Robot Individual awarded as prizes. ACBL members only. 2-day tournament, must play each day.
- July 6. Early bird fee expires at 11.59PM US Eastern. Full price: $50
- July 10. Last day to submit your ACBL number to BBO and/or renew your ACBL membership if it expired.
- July 11. Day 1. Event starts. You can still register till 4PM US Eastern.
- July 12. Day 2. Registration is no longer possible. Only players who played at least 1 board on July 11 can play.
- July 13. Day 3. Only players who played at least 1 board on July 12 can play.
- July 14. Provisional overall results available. Final winners will be announced after the cheating check is completed.
- Read the Conditions of Contest carefully.
- Are you an ACBL member? If not, join here.
- Is your ACBL membership up to date? Click here to check
- Does BBO have your ACBL number? Click here to check
- Do you have enough BB$ in your account to pay the entry fee? Click here to purchase BB$
- Are you familiar with the robot’s system? Click here for the robot’s system notes. During the game, all bids will be automatically explained.
- Did you practice? Don’t miss the free NABC Practice Tournaments! You can also play for free, any time, with basic robots in the Solitaire area of the site, or try the ACBL Daylongs for advanced robots and a format close to what the real game will be.
- FAQ here.
Phew! This pretty much covers EVERYTHING! You’re all set to earn some red and gold points, or even an actual NABC title. Oh, and if you still have questions you can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.