Despite the cancellation of the ACBL’s National Championships in Columbus due to the Coronavirus epidemic, we confirm that the Spring NABC Robot individual has not been cancelled, and will take place on BBO as scheduled: March 14th, 15th and 16th (Saturday, Sunday and Monday).
In these difficult times, let’s stick together, let’s keep the spirit of bridge and let’s continue to play together! 🙂
You still can register if you haven’t already. And remember, if you played the 2019 Fall NABC Robot Individual, you get an extra $6 credit. You can purchase BB$ here.
- The tournament lasts 3 days: March 14, 15 and 16 (Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
- It awards red and gold masterpoints, and an NABC title to the winner.
- This event is stratified (Unlimited/2000/500).
- Only ACBL members with a valid membership can join.
- 24 boards each day, Matchpoints
- You will play with three robots. Each human player is sitting South and has identical robots as partners and opponents.
- Best hand, human declare, deal pool (see the FAQ for more details about what all this means)
- Must play each day to move forward to the next day
- Once you start playing, you have until midnight US Eastern to play your boards for the day
- You need to play at least 1 board each day to qualify for the next day
- Unplayed boards are scored as 0 (zero)
- Each day’s tournament expires at midnight US Eastern time (so if you start playing at 10PM you only have 2 hours to finish your hands, the tourney closes at midnight)
How to register?
- Click ACBL World, then click 2020 Spring NABC Robot Individual. A menu will appear with a Register button. Click Register to … well… register.
- Here’s a brief video showing you how to find the tournament and how to register.