—- SUBMISSIONS CLOSED – ARCHIVED HANDS —-
Here are the hands for September. Have a think about the problems below and send your answers to email@example.com. Entries close on August 28th. Please also include your name, your BBO ID and your location (city/country) when you email your answers.
Prime subscribers will be able to see the answers and expert comments in the second week of September in BBO Prime. Click here to find out more about what Prime has to offer.
The winner of each monthly competition will receive a month’s subscription to BBO Prime and 50BB$. At the end of the year, the competitor with the highest cumulative total from their best nine scores will win the annual title and the prize of three month’s subscription to BBO Prime and 200BB$. One entrant picked at random each month will also receive a three-month subscription to BBO Prime.
All deals this month use IMP scoring. Here are the eight problems for the July competition:
29 thoughts on “BBO Prime bidders challenge: Hands of the month #9”
Would be helpful to know the convention strong or weak NT and 2’s
I agree have no idea what the 2d opener signifies
Just click on the 2d bid
open count 4 diamonds
When u press on it it answers weak 2
Many use 2 d as multi. Weak 6 kards major or a strong nt 18-19 p or a very strong dimond
1 Pass 2 4NT 3 Pass 4 3 spades 5 4 spades 6 3NT 7Pass 8 Pass
3D, 4NT, PASS, 3 SPADES, 4 DIAMONDS, 3 DIAMONDS, PASS, PASS
carlaa vegaa have a good bid for you :
1) 2NT 2) 5H 3) 3NT 4) PASS 5) 3S 6) 3S 7) DBL 8) 5D
5D 4NT pass 3S 4S 3D X 4NT
2nt for a feature can always pass 3D or take a flyer at 3nt
1. Assume bid means 5H & 4S with less than 18Hcp
My response 3H indicating H fit and more than minimum point count but less than 12hcp
problem 2, who bids after 1D – DBL ? bid hampering
normal bid is 1H at 100% !
of course, we don’t bid DBL with each 17/18
depends on the distribution (in here 1H)
1/3D, 2/4NT, 3/P, 4/3NT, 5/3NT, 6/3NT, 7/P, 8/4NT
1/3D, 2/4NT, 3/P. 4/3NT, 5/ 3NT. 6/Dbl. 7/4H, 8/6S
Still no sign of the Winners for Comp #8 and the annual leaders board yet?
since 2D is weak and i do not have an opening hand, I Pass. there are many losers’ in my hand.
1:2NT, 2:P, 3:P, 4:P, 5: 3NT, 6:3D, 7:P, 8:5S
Nice set. I suspect the under-bidders win on this one.
1. 4D – that’s enough. 5D will just get doubled and do too many off.
2. Pass – Fixed myself with X. 4NT is ambiguous. Hope partner’s Spades are good (say SAQJT9x)..
3. 4C – I’m only considering passing at Pairs. We could lose 730 with 5 of a minor on.
4. Pass – Obviously hoping partner re-opens with an X. Even if partner passes this out it won’t be a disaster at the colours.
5. 3S – It’s nebulous but I expect partner to bid 3NT with moderate hearts and half a spade stop, and Partner MIGHT bid 4 of a minor
6. 3S – (and 4D over 4C) – At least game in either diamonds or hearts should be playable – possibly more if we have a diamond fit
7. 4H – Looks a bit too obvious although I cannot underwrite 4H in any way.
8. 5S – I’d normally pass in my sleep but partner is likely to be short in Clubs. Slam could well be on if he has a red card of value.
Scoring Chart for last month’s #8 comp please?
i dont wont to be in prime biders
1:2NT Might fool them) 2:P 3:4C 4:4S (pressure!) 5::4D(then 5C) 6:3!S 7:4!H 8:4NT RKB. Dont care whut anybody else says – those are the WINNING answers
I will pass as 2D is weak bid with a suit quality of ten HCP 6 to 10
2d for me is weak with 6D. My hand, while winning a king or two is not otherwise supportive. I pass.
1.3D, 2. 4NT. 3.P, 4.3NT, 5.3NT, 6.3NT, 7. P,8.5S
1. 3 D
Comments are closed.