The Top Bidders for February 2021
This month’s competition winner, with an excellent score of 77/80, is:
Kresten Sandager Kristensen (BBO; kesse)
from Copenhagen, Denmark
Kresten is 66 years old and has been playing for 38 years. He says that he once played just under the top level in Denmark but now plays for fun and amusement. He used to watch the big tournaments on BBO VuGraph and has started playing online since his local club closed due to corona.
Congratulations to Kresten who wins 50 BB$ and a 1 month subscription to Prime!
But remember, we also randomly drew a winner from among the participants and…. tadaaaaa the winner is:
Bill Nash (carjenand)
Congratulations to Bill Nash who wins a 3 months subscription to Prime!
Also on the January ‘Roll of Honor’, and thus early leaders in the annual competition:
- with a score of 73/80: Susan Bianchi (BBO: Susanb1) from La Quinta CA, USA
- with a score of 70/80: Carla Vega (BBO: 01vega) from Warsaw, Poland, Lei Tsui (BBO: LTsui10) from Thousand Oaks CA, USA and Luwen Koh (BBO: XReborned) from Singapore (who was the winner last month!)
Honorable mentions also go to all of those who scored 60/80 or higher:
- 69/80: Miguel Matos (BBO: miguelm) from Lisbon, Portugal and Matthias Abracadabra (BBO: lala2) from Warsaw, Poland
- 66/80: Ian Findlay (BBO: findles) from Canada, Thomas Gardner (BBO: thomasg_16) from England and Douglas Schmickrath (BBO: P0STM0RTEM) from San Francisco CA, USA
- 65/80: Alain Dax (BBO: DaxA) from Courtenay, France and Mohammad Alauddin (BBO: alo107) from Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 64/80: Kurt Schaeffer (BBO: specialkfs) from Lakeville MN, USA, Mark Bartusek (BBO: BART_RX7) from Samta Barbara CA, USA, Fergus Earle and Stephen Kwan (BBO: sk1958)
- 63/80: Mike Marlin
- 62/80: Dave Williams (BBO: dave251164) from Wales, Sardar Aamir Ishaq (BBO: Kashmir_01) and Răzvan Spiridonescu (BBO: Spiry) from Brasov, Romania
- 61/80: Philip Hydes (BBO: S138tq) from Barnsley, England, Ioannis Exarchos (BBO: Jexa_) from Greece and Felix Wenyan Ge (BBO: felixw) from Tokyo, Japan
- 60/80: Harry Gordon (BBO: hflsh) from Lexington KY, USA
We had more than 140 entries for this month’s competition, so congratulations to all of those who made it onto the honor roll.
Remember, if you win the most challenges this year, you can win 200BB$! So come on down to this month’s hands to participate!
All results for this month are accessible there: https://blog.bridgebase.com/2021/02/02/bbo-prime-bidders-challenge-all-results-february/
Annual competition leaders (after 2 months)
|Luwen Koh (BBO: XReborned) from Singapore||143|
|Kurt Schaeffer (BBO: specialkfs) from Lakeville MN||134|
|Thomas Gardner (BBO: thomasg_16) from England||132|
|Carla Vega (BBO: 01vega) from Warsaw, Poland||130|
|Ian Findlay (BBO: findles) from Canada||125|
|Peter Hudson (BBO: p_t_red) from Coppell TX, USA||122|
|Bradley Johnston (BBO: Nohk) from Dunedin, New Zealand||122|
|Harry Gordon (BBO: hflsh) from Lexington KY, USA||120|
|Dave Williams (BBO: dave251164) from Wales||119|
|Ben Bomber (BBO: soccertoo) from Vancouver BC, Canada||117|
|Răzvan Spiridonescu (BBO: Spiry) from Brasov, Romania||117|
|Gjivo Tikvica (BBO: KhazadDoom)||117|
|Csaba Daday (BBO: gwnn) from Gottingen, Germany||115|
|Douglas Schmickrath (BBO: P0STM0RTEM) from San Francisco CA||111|
|Tony Burt (BBO: Tone999) from Vancouver BC, Canada||110|
|Hanoi Rondon (BBO: hanoi5) from Santiago, Chile||107|
|Kathrine Loh (BBO: nicnat) from Walnut Creek CA, USA||106|
|Barbara Giesbrecht (BBO: BabsG) from Qualicum Beach BC, Canada||105|
|Jan Spiess (BBO: JanDoko) from Frankfurt, Germany||105|
|Anne-Sybil Bragadir (BBO: asb10) from Lausanne, Switzerland||103|
|Bill Huepenbecker (BBO: super69) from Huron OH, USA||103|
|Dexter Theodore (BBO: teddex) from Saint Lucia||102|
|Paul Dubois (BBO: Pottsca) from El Cajon CA, USA||100|
|Dave Horton (BBO: mfearth) from Calgary AB, Canada||100|
Remember that only your best nine results during the year count towards the annual competition, so entering every month will allow you to drop your lowest scores.
Compare your results with the panel
Your results are there: https://blog.bridgebase.com/2021/02/02/bbo-prime-bidders-challenge-all-results-february/
And Panels’ results are there!
|4||3||Pass||2 NT||5 NT||2||4||2 NT||65|
|Martine VERBEEK||4||3||5||2 NT||Dbl||2||4||2||62|
How can I see comments from the panel?
Comments from our experts panel is an exclusive feature for Prime members! If you are a Prime member, login to BBO, you should receive a pop up soon with all comments!
Want to become a prime member? Check out all the features and how to join here: https://blog.bridgebase.com/2019/10/28/what-is-bbo-prime/